by Cindy Russell
Update: This live chat is now available as a transcript for you to browse. Click here to read.
Join us online for a live chat with the experts on the new Fluid Query 1.5 functionality. This new technology is part of the Netezza Platform Software (NPS) and it lets you query PureData Systems for Analytics stores together with Hadoop, Spark, and relational stores such as DB2, dashDB, Oracle and even other PureData warehouses to enable deeper insights. It is designed to bring the query to the data instead of moving around massive volumes of data just to be analyzed.
The chat will be held from 11AM to 12:00 PM ET on August 4th. This is a great way to ask questions to the technical and marketing teams in an informal setting such as a live chat.
Even though it is informal, we have organized some discussion questions for efficiency, and we will cover as many of these questions as we can within the time frame.
- What is Fluid Query?
- What are the design points behind Fluid Query?
- What’s new for Fluid Query version 1.5?
- What data warehousing and analytics challenges does the new Fluid Query for PureData address?
- What is the data movement capability in Fluid Query?
- How does Fluid Query fit within the logical data warehouse concept?
- How are customers using it?
- What is the IBM portfolio of products for querying data across different stores?
- Open: what questions do you have for our experts?
- Where can you learn more and how can you stay in touch with this topic?
How to join
Joining the chat is simple. Go now to this link: bit.ly/FQ_chat. Click the add to calendar button. On August 4th at 11AM ET, sign onto your Twitter account, then enter this link in your browser: https://www.crowdchat.net/fluidquery. Click sign in and select Twitter. That’s it! Talk to you then.
In the meanwhile, you can learn more about the new Fluid Query 1.5 in Rich Hughes blog.
Learn more resources
These resources will be mentioned in the chat and can be used as a handy “quick reference” guide to learn more about Fluid Query:
- Overview video – 2.5 minute introduction to Fluid Query: bit.ly/1I5Xyik
- Fluid Query 1.5 introduction blog: bit.ly/1TEWbv1
- Deep dive technical demo on Fluid Query: bit.ly/1GNy7x2
- Fluid Query 1.5 webcast replay: bit.ly/1If5MGX
- Getting started with Fluid Query blog: bit.ly/1HS4z6b
- Fluid Query Solution Brief: ibm.biz/FluidQueryBrief
- Netezza Developer Network: ibm.co/1IE0COO
- Fluid Query on Fix Central: ibm.co/1ONnMGS
Cindy is the marketing programs and social media manager IBM Data Warehousing products including the BLU Acceleration in-memory computing component of DB2 software, and PureData System for Analytics. Cindy’s key focus has been on community engagement programs such as social media, collaboration hubs, Tech Talks, workshops and similar programs. Prior to data warehousing, Cindy has worked on marketing programs for IBM Rational development tools, technology services, and other technical products.